Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Receiving D23 10th Anniversary Pins as Contest Prize

I, Ron Baxley Jr., once again thank the - Disney History Institute - www.disneyhistoryinstitute.com for hosting this D23 10th Anniversary Pins contest and Kate Littleton for sponsoring it. I was honored to win this set of D23 10th Anniversary pins for my answer about my favorite minor character in Disney films on the Disney History Institute Facebook page. Many great answers were posted, and I am honored that I was selected as the winner. Here was my answer for which I was awarded the pins:
"Ray, the Cajun firefly from "The Princess and the Frog", is one of my favorites. He can have comic moments yet also has seemingly unrequited love for his Evangeline, who is revealed to be a star in the sky. In fact, love is often like that, unreachable, unattainable, yet we still strive for it. What makes Ray's love for the star even more thematically relevant is it ties in with the wishing Tiana wished on a star as a child and even the wishing her friend Charlotte did on it as a child and adult. What eventually happens to Ray makes his character even more poignant to me. Finally, his character and his love for a star and the wishes on the star tie in to the Disney Canon song "When You Wish Upon a Star" from Pinocchio which has also been used numerous times for Disney Parks advertisements. Ray longs for the star, just as we all long for that which transcends us. If his wish and others' wishes come true will best be left for viewings of the film." Click link to go to YouTube video with me opening the pins

No comments:

Post a Comment